Thursday, January 2, 2014

Experiencing a short conversation with Japanese in English

I'll continued my writing about "Meet a Japanese". Yeah short conversation. I'll not tell you our conversation detailed but some good one and.. Exactly which I still remember and he able to to answer me. I know that I have a bad english pronunciation and articulation. Judge me that I'm bad in english. But this time, I wanna help. Really.. I just follow my prophet said to guide foreigner...
Conversation begin which I know from him:
1. He's name is Yuya, Suzuki or Suzuki Yuya
Me: What's your name?
He: Yuya
Me: Your last name? (I heard japanese always have two word in their name)
He: My last name is Suzuki, like motorcycle here (pointing Honda Vario)
Me: Its not Suzuki! Its Honda! Suzuki is different one
Laughing each other. I didnt notice other passenger whose heard us.
2. He's from Toyota City whose traffic jam like Semarang
Me: We trapped in traffic jam right now. How about your country? You never get this before?
He: No, my city is toyota city, city of cars. People use cars, so the street's full of car.
Me: In japan, how people have cars? In this country, every person can has one car. For father, mother, son, daughter.
He: One family one car. Hey, you have a car?
Me: No, but I ride motorcycle. I mean the rich one family have one car for each family member
He: You should be rich to have motorcycle
Me: No, its not like that. Student in university commonly using motorcycle.
He: I dont have both motorcycle and car
3. Aiesec brought him there
He: I came here because following an AIESEC program. I back to Japan at August.
Me: (forget month) When?
He: August, its month after this month
Me: (slow loading.........) (remember month) what date will you leave Indonesia?
Really. Its embarassing to remember that even remember months, sometime i forgot what day is it. I always think everyday is the same except; birthday, new year, fasting start, iedul fitr, iedul adh, and exactly: DEADLINE!
4. Japanese culture vs Indonesian culture
Me: What experience you've got there?
He: Time is something important in my country, everyone should be discipline in time. But Indonesian always late and didn't discipline. When we has appoinment in that time, we should be on time.
Note to my self. Yuya, your sentence's slap me....
There are some conversation I've forgot. That's note about how Indonesian people should be, especially for me.
"Thanks Allah to teach me about world from people I never expect . Experience is something precious."

0 comments:

Post a Comment