Thursday, January 15, 2015

Korean Education Exhibition by Tongmyong University Busan - Pameran Pendidikan Korea oleh Universitas Tongmyong Busan

Last month I just heard coversation from my boarding housemate with her friend. She's talking about going to Korean Education Exhibition next 2 days, and ask whether her friend want to come with. I listening their conversation while I was sweeping the floor nearby. Then spontaneously say that I wanna come with her. I always exciting with education exhibition, since I want to study abroad in master degree then. She agreed to come with me.

The day come. Actually I'm not in my healthy condition. I get anemia that day. But, because I have promised to come, I encourage to come. The meeting held in Novotel Hotel, Jalan Pemuda, Semarang. Its near my highschool, SMA N 3 Semarang. We search for parking area beside the hotel building,

Get off from motorcycle, I arrived at 3.30 p.m. Then we ask security for the place. He points to go ahead, then the meeting room is in the left side at the end of aisle. From the reseptionist outside room, I know that the university which held this exhibition is just from Tongmyong University. Actually I wanna see presentation from KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), SNU (Seoul National University), Korea University, and CAU (Chung Ang University). The first stage have been running when we arrived, so we're recommended to enter the room in second stage.

We need to wait. But, we got a brochure explains what Tongmyong University is. Waiting several time, our time come. I surprised knowing there are a Korean in the room. She'is Mrs. Yoon, from university. She explain a lot through power point presentation in English. Not only about the environment around Korea, but also the fee of living there. In Tongmyong University, international student will live in boarding house. International student also have at least level 3 of TOPIK (like TOEFL in english). When heading to graduate, student should complete level 5 of TOPIK. Tongmyong was established in Busan city. In Korea, Seoul is the first city, but Busan is the student city. At the end, he said that if we want to study in SNU, we must be so diligent. Hey, she could read our mind, huh?

As the time flows, the presentation over. In the question answer time, a girl ask that which university she choose if want to learn music in Korea. Mrs. Yoon recommend Hanyang University. Little girl also said that she have study Korean. Whoaaah~ Mrs. Yoon start to speak in Korean. But then brought laughter inside my heart, knowing little girl still learn a bit or basic conversation. Then Mrs. Yoon said "pangapsumnida", means nice to meet you.

Before we go home, we take a souvenir. That's a bookmark. Really beautiful bookmark, which I ever see the knot like in Korean Drama before. And the pendant is a traditional Korean clothes, hanbok. Moreover, there is a cute envelope inside. Paper inside the souvenir explain what hanbok is. Here is the text:
"Woman's Hanbok
Hanbok is Korean traditional dress. Short jacket and long skirt are woman's dress with splendid color and elegant style, pants and jacket for base clothes and fanciful vest and outer coat are man's dress. Our traditional clothes, hanbok achieves harmony with lineal beauty and soft curve line."

Thank you, Tongmyong University!

hanbok bookmark
hanbok bookmark
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment